Planetoid Pioneers is a 2D physics-based action-adventure driven by User Generated Content and inspired by the classic action/exploration games Blaster Master (1988) and Exile (1988).
Initially you find yourself marooned on the first Planetoid in a Robinson Crusoe scenario after your prized space yacht blew up. Use your Atomizer/Assembler tool to gather resources and turn them into various vehicles, contraptions, and even organic life forms to help you explore the mysterious caves beneath the surface of the uncharted circular world. When your creations break apart procedurally due to the unique physics engine, simply recycle the resources locked in the wreckage and build something else that will be useful or fun in the immediate situation. Eventually you’ll be able to move enough stuff from the depths of the Planetoid to the surface in order to build an expensive rocketship and blast off!
Data Realms’ previous and debut game was Cortex Command, an indie title that blazed the trail of the the “Early Access” movement. Many of the people involved in Planetoid Pioneers came from the modding and fan community of Cortex Command, after having stood out as exceptionally talented creators in their own right.
- Amazing physics-based gameplay!
- Local 4-person multiplayer!
- The Atomizer/Assembler tool that lets you absorb resources and build things!
- Crazy vehicles
- Bad ass weapons
- Amazing alien life forms to fight, recycle or befriend
- The in-game editor to create your own creatures, vehicles, weapons, items and creatures with
- Powered in Data Realms’ proprietary amazing Crush2D physics engine
- Not confirmed: Online multiplayer
- More details coming soon!