Daedelic Entertainment has announced that Bounty Train, will be getting its first major update.
The major changes in the update include a new day/night cycle, new random events, cabin customization, character loadouts, and a bunch of bug fixes.
- New Save System: With update 04, manual saving has found its way into Bounty Train. No more moving files around. We know how annoying that was. Now you have complete control and can save the game whenever you want. You can also create various save games. We still consider using the old system for runs on higher difficulty, but this decision is still pending and we’ll definitely wait for your feedback on this.
- Day/Night Cycle: Areas can now be accessed during day or nighttime. We plan on extending on this feature in the near future. We’ll implement day and night-dependent missions, for example, as well as other alternative options matching this theme.
- Economy Adjustments: Right now, we’re not too happy with the in-game economy and thus we tweaked the price development a little. Additionally, we introduced some new goods which should be worthwhile alternatives to the present goods and encounters. In the long run, we want to have goods in the game you can process further to specialize certain areas even more and provide more in-game options for players.
- New Events: One issue of the last version was the frequency of enemy encounters and subsequent combat. We want to mitigate this by implementing more events. Now, when you travel a track, you won’t just find the familiar factions, but you’ll also encounter new mini-events from time to time.
- Character Adjustments: You can now switch the loadout of individual characters. You think Walter should be a grenadier? Well, you can give him grenades and let him wreak some havoc. Speaking of which, we also plan to add more shops to make respective gear more accessible. Aaand enemies will drop special items and weapons in the future.
- Cabin Adjustments: One of our main goals is to provide you with the means to build your very own train that matches your playstyle. With the new system you’re no longer quite so restricted: you can customize cabins and have more control over expenses and weight of your train.We plan to unlock more custom options through shops and inventions.
- Bug fixes: We could reproduce and resolve many of the issues you have submitted. For example, sudden, unexplainable vanishing of resources should no longer occur, wanted characters should appear properly and players shouldn’t get stuck in scenarios under certain circumstances anymore.