Square Enix and developer Avalanche Studios made two big announcements about Just Cause 3 today.
The Sky Fortress expansion will be available March 8 for people who bought the $25 Air, Land, and Season expansion pass. Everyone else can buy the content a week later, on March 15, for $12.
Sky Fortress features a new “Bavarium Wingsuit” that is outfitted with shoulder-mounted machine guns and auto-targeting missiles. Main character Rico also get his own “Eviction” drone and a new Bavarium Splitter assault rifle. The wingsuit and the weapons can also be brought into the main game.
“The new content will fundamentally alter how our players approach the game–we’re really looking forward to seeing how fans adapt to the new Wingsuit,” senior producer Tobias Andersson said in a statement. “The new story missions, challenges, and gadgets that can be taken into the main game really mix things up, and we can’t wait for players to revisit Medici and start getting even more creative.”
A new update for Just Cause 3 is also coming for all players. Slated to launch tomorrow, March 4, the update will improve load times and other areas in preparation for the DLC release.
Just Cause 3 March 4 Patch Details:
- Reduced initial loading time and in-game loading screens by 20-50%
- Fixed several memory leaks resulting in crashes
- Reduced a number of random crashes
- Improved streaming of game world
- Some performance optimizations related to hitches and stuttering
- Implemented DLC system in preparation of the Air, Land and Sea packages