John Romero and fellow id Software co-founder Adrian Carmack proudly announce BLACKROOM™, a visceral, varied and violent shooter that harkens back to classic FPS play with a mixture of exploration, speed, and intense, weaponized combat.
Use fast, skillful movement to dodge enemy attacks, circle-strafe your foes, and rule the air as you rocket jump in the single- and multiplayer modes. Powered by Unreal Engine 4 and fully moddable on PC, the game is being developed with community at its core, starting with today’s launch of a Kickstarter campaign to fund development.
Features of BLACKROOM™:
- Reign supreme in a variety of multiplayer modes, including co-op, 1-on-1 deathmatch and free-for-all arena in a wide variety of locations including hardcore military sims, hellish infernos and interstellar space.
- Delve into a captivating 10+ hour single-player campaign, spanning wildly varied environments, from ruined Victorian mansions to wild west ghost towns to swashbuckling pirate galleons and beyond.
- Master fast, skillful movement with rocket jumping, strafe jumping and circle strafing.
- Challenge yourself with expert abstract level design, invented and perfected by John Romero and made material by Adrian Carmack. Romero’s latest map, Tech Gone Bad, has received universal praise and over 1M unique impressions.
- Master six built-in multiplayer maps, as well as countless maps created by the community.
- Extend your experience with full mod support and dedicated servers.
- Put your skills to the test in Challenge Modes (speedrunning and more) that present unique and demanding goals.
- Affect the holographic worlds in the BLACKROOM™ with a device called the Boxel, and influence the environment, your weapons and your enemies.
- Features new soundtrack compositions by acclaimed metal guitarist George Lynch.