Novaquark has lifted the lid on its new project called Dual Universe. Called a “continuous single-shard universe” players are able to edit the game word and build without restrictions. The game will be played in first-person view in a universe packed with planets to explore and player ability to explore, mine, craft, trade, battle and participate in politics.
- Boundless Massively Multiplayer Game: potentially millions of players can share the same universe at the same time. One world, no boundaries, no zones, no instances.
- Rich emergent gameplay mechanisms enable players to create their own societies.
- Fully editable world: dig, deploy, craft, create and shape almost everything.
- Giant player-made ships and constructions can be inhabited and host large crews.
- Immersive first person view in a futuristic sci-fi universe.
- Realistic in-game economy (based on market orders and financial tools).
- Scriptable constructions (ships, buildings, etc) using LUA: players can build their own piloting, AI or factory automation.
- Continuous Single-Shard Cluster: the technology behind the “Boundless” MMO approach.
- Procedurally generated planets, revealed as players explore further and further.
- 25cm precision voxel technology to modify the environment or construct buildings/ships
- Unlimited LOD (Level Of Detail) technology allows planet-sized construction to be built
- 64bit Planetary Engine: Smooth transitions from planet surfaces, through atmosphere and into space with no limits to how far the player can travel or see.
Dual Universe is expected to launch in 2018.
Learn more on the Dual Universe site.