Morphies Law is a body morphology driven 3D Shooter. The basic law of the game is simple: each weapon hit transfers mass from the victim’s inflicted limb to the corresponding limb of the wielder of the weapon. As an immediate consequence, skilled players become tall and easy to hit, whereas beginners shrink until they become difficult targets. Highly skilled players may therefore play with casual players in the same match and both can enjoy the game. Your skill will not be expressed by your kill-death-ratio, but by your body size.
Different body sizes require different strategies. A player with tall legs can jump on buildings, small players can hide in tiny holes. The size of every limb has an impact on your abilities and properties. A successful player adapts to his own body-size.
A successful team builds its strategy around the body sizes of its members. In team games the team avatar combines the sizes of all team members, and the team with the tallest team avatar wins. Friendly fire does not change your team’s avatar size and can therefore be used to implement advanced team tactics. Shift your team mass from one player to the other to get your whole team to an advantageous position. Or designate an offensive player and shrink him in order to make him difficult to hit, then, once he grows by decimating the other team, transfer his mass to your defensive players by showering him with friendly fire. Used the right way, friendly fire can be a crucial part of your team strategy.
- A unique body morphology system: with each hit mass is transferred from the victim’s damaged limb to the corresponding limb of the perpetrator. Each body part can be scaled independently of each other, allowing countless body morphology variations.
- Body morphology based balancing: Highly skilled players grow and become easier targets. Less skilled players shrink until they are difficult to hit.
- Body morphology based strategies: Friendly fire does not affect your team avatars body size, allowing you to strategically distribute your team body mass across your team members according to their strategic role.
- The player’s properties are driven by his body morphology: Leg size is responsible for the jump height, feet size for the amount of fall damage, etc.
- Several game modes: The body morphology system imbues traditional game modes like deathmatch and team deathmatch with new life. But there are also several unique new game modes requiring the players to put their body morphology to use to achieve various goals.