Of Kings And Men is an independently developed, third-person multiplayer ‘Persistent Medieval War’ game.Set in 13th century with both European and Eastern influences, you play as a character in a vast open world full of alliances and conflict, with an emphasis on player-driven experiences.
Whether its fighting 1v1 duels or participating in colossal player-coordinated battles, with over 200 players, there will always be constant warfare for you to be involved in.
Choose your weapon from a variety of Polearms, Spears, Swords, Shields, Axes, Maces, Bows and Crossbows. How you play and your combat style will change depending on your choice in armament. Find your role in Of Kings And Men & let the battles commence!
Battle amongst your allies in large-scale battles with a fluid combat system that is easy to pick up – but difficult to master! You can control the direction of swings and blocks with your mouse and you need quick reactions and an understanding of your immediate surroundings to survive an encounter unharmed.
You will earn a huge variety of different weapon types and armours through our levelling system, that you will be able to swap out and customize,
and you will be able to tailor your character around how you want to play, distributing your hard-earned points in what you desire. If you want to be lighter on your feet
You can level up your character to better suit your combat style, however – to really make a difference its your own player skill that matters.
There will be several Battle Modes implemented, where you can team up and fight competitively against other players, each with their own unique maps and objectives assigned. Your personal equipment and statistics will carry over, but also everything you earn in this mode will influence the broader The Epic world; you will earn money for your personal character but also money for your faction that will feed back into the economy of the world to construct new buildings and equipment.
The current Battle Modes we have lined up are:
- Team Deathmatch
– A traditional competitive setup. Players have one life per round and respawn when the round ends and a team has won. Kill or be killed.
- Instant Battle
– For much larger battles, with potentially hundreds playing at a time. Round-based, whichever team is the last standing earns points.
- Sequential Battle (working title)
– Capture different areas of the map before the other team. Whoever has the largest overall percentage wins.
– A combination of squad-based gameplay and capturing resources from the other team.
– map is split into neutral regions with point of interest. when the battle begins, one of the outer regions is randomly selected to be contested